I suggest you add this feature to Studioware 2.0...

Active and Inactive

I would like to see the active/inactive status to change automatically. If the student is currently enrolled in a class then they should be automatically set as active. And those students who drop or take a session off automatically set to inactive. I just spent an hour switching statuses on students :-/

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    allstar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JMDSTUDIO commented  · 

I am SO HAPPY this has been done!!!!! It made my evening!!!

• Alycia commented  · 

Was this ever changed???

• Timera Cunningham commented  · 

I think in general, a benefit would be to the ability to change multiple students at one time. I think where we all agree is that the act of changing each individual student is time consuming, especially have 300+ kids. If you could do like a check box and say change all of these students to "this", whatever this is, it would save many of us hours that we don't really have! Thanks!

• Chi-CDT commented  · 

I can not wait for this to actually take place. I have to manually make all students inactive after our Fall season if they do not return for the summer and then make them all active again separately for the following Fall season. We have hundreds of kids and it is very time consuming. It would be nice to have a radio button we can click on in the student list page that says active and delete all that are checked active that makes them then inactive.

• JMDSTUDIO commented  · 

I added an "enrolled" status ... but having to go in and set each dancer individually is time consuming so I probably won't use it.

It would be great if kids enrolled in an upcoming or current class were set to "enrolled" automatically.

If that is not possible, an easier way to change dancers statuses (drop down menu or check boxes) on the student list so you can do a whole batch at once( would be great.

• JMDSTUDIO commented  · 

Agreed. It would be nice to be able to see your student count of enrolled students.

• Jonathan commented  · 

How about adding a 3rd category: Students enrolled.

That way i have a current up to date count of students i actually have in class. I dont want to deactivate them when their not in class as some of my students come in seasonally and i want to them to stay up to date with our emails and keep them on watch.

• Mike commented  · 

This is a good one. I do this kind of clean up every semester as well. Also, manual update at the time of enrollment is a bit time consuming.

• paul commented  · 

i proposed to Donald today that student status should be changed automatically based on a set of custom rules. for example, i created these statuses, however the rules are: newly entered students are manually set to Future Start status --> when the class enrolled for begins, status automatically changed to Active or Current --> when class is complete, status changed to Graduate. If student gets dropped, status changes to Dropped, etc. etc. Of course, manually changing status is still available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base