I suggest you add this feature to Studioware 2.0...

System Permissions and Roles

Permissions and roles should extend to the systems 'users' as well. It should be possible to assign different roles to various members of staff, where each role defines a set of permissions.

For example, certain staff should have full admin privileges, while others should only be able to enroll students and other day-to-day tasks, but not create courses, prices, settings, etc.

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vanessa commented  · 

Please make this possible asap!!

• Chris commented  · 

This is a must, we are not able to use the attendance feature. not willing to allow others the same control as me. Especially with the financials.

• Mike commented  · 

Definitely needed feature to at least allow Instructors to track the attendance. Currently, we copy/paste rosters from Studioware and upload them to Google drive spreadsheets to let Instructors keep track of attendance. Very labor- and time-consuming process. We can't allow the Instructors to have full access to the system.

• anonymous commented  · 

When I emailed about this last year I was told that the option to give different permissions to different users would be available in 2014. I have been checking your update page regularly and have also emailed about this but have not seen any news or information about this feature.

Are there any updates available as to when the timeline is for this very important feature?

• JMDSTUDIO commented  · 

This definitely needs to happen. I would like to be able to use the attendance feature but I can't because I don't want my entire staff privy to my financial info!!!

Please do!!!

• Liane commented  · 

This would be very helpful. It takes a load of the main administrator and keeps certain info confidential.

• Cvm800 commented  · 

This is such an important feature to have! We have high school kids assisting in classes and would live for them to use the system for attendance and notes, but we don't want them to have access to the financial information. Please try to implement this!!

• Michael commented  · 

Yes, this is important and would add further weight for Studioware's claim to be secure

• CDC commented  · 

yes need different levels of permissions to access users. One user can lock you out of your program.

• Marcy commented  · 

Please make this change. I need to able to give my teachers access to view schedules, student contact information, but they should not have access to financial information. Similarly, I need to make sure that only authorized personnel can do financial/accounting transactions, but it would be nice to have the ability to enable somebody to print out roll-sheets, take attendance, etc.

• Mark commented  · 

I second this idea. I need to be able to give access to staff members. So they can enroll a new student or look up a student invoice and apply payments.

But restrict access to things like: Adding classes, Adding Staff, or changing administration settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base